12.07.2012

Day 563

Ladies and gentlemen.  I just slept in until 9:45 and it felt amazing.

Yesterday was a really full day.  It started off with teaching.  Actually, it started with decided to wear my rubber ducky tie.  THEN teaching.  Yesterday was just a review day for the exam.  We went over some things that they had been having trouble with throughout the semester and I tried to get a feel for where the strengths and weaknesses of the class were.  So hopefully I can make a good test based off of what they said.

After class I went to my office and did some studying for my exam.  I felt pretty well studied for it, so then I started grading.  Tim came by after a while and we studied together, mostly just discussing different ideas and trying to figure out what's going in that class.  Then we went up to Alex's office and studied some more... and by "studied" I mean "we really didn't get any studying done."  Then we went to go take our test!

It really wasn't too bad.  I know I missed one question, but otherwise I think I did well.  I stuck around campus because I was teaching Alex's class for him, so in the mean time I went to the computer lab and did some statistical analysis of my students' grades.  I learned that Excel can determine trend lines and it does forecasting.  So that was neat.

During Alex's class I mainly just handed tests back, then did review.  It wasn't super structured since all I did was answer questions.  Most of the people left after I gave them their tests but about four people stayed around to ask questions.

I got home just as Kimmy was going to work.  She made some spaghetti for dinner, so I had that, then went up to the office.  I didn't feel like doing any work, so I talked with one of my friends on Steam for a little bit, then he and I played a game for a while.  When we were done I did some more grading and such.

Then Kimmy came home!  She had to work late, so I didn't stay up too long after she got back.  The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment