12.11.2012

Day 557

Ok.  So here I am again, updating this thing.

Today was the last day of lectures for the semester!  I spent my morning doing some studying.  I'm a little bit nervous about the test on Wednesday... but I think it will be ok.  I just don't feel like studying anymore.

Classes were fine.  Basically we just talked about the finals and asked some questions.  I'm hoping that after my test on Wednesday I'll be able to just buckle down and plow through the material for Friday's exam.  Oh goodness.... this is going to be awesome.  I have this big ball of stress in my stomach that I hope works itself out after this week is over.

When I got home Kimmy and I started making dinner.  Jessie and Richard came over for dinner, so we tried a new recipe.  It was a chicken enchilada casserole.... but really it was just chicken, cheese, and more cheese.  So it was really good!

Tomorrow is going to be a rough day.  I spent a couple hours in the evening reading through a chapter in the text book and working through problems.  I think I understand it better, but the book seems pretty unclear on a lot of things.  For instance, in one section they explain some things using Method 1 (as I'll call it).  They went into great lengths to explain some formulas and how everything was related.  Then 2 pages later they start using (without really explaining) Method 2.  The book mentions that the two Methods are related... but that the relation is too complex and not necessary to understand.  Then the rest of the chapter uses Method 2 without explaining why Method 1 was every mentioned.  It a bit confusing and somewhat troubling.

After my brain was done studying I worked on writing my test for a bit.  I'm hoping that the test is easy to grade... but that's not really my specialty.  I'm pretty good at covering the important material from the class and at asking good questions, but a lot of times the questions themselves are difficult to grade (since I try to give plenty of partial credit).  But we'll see!  Hopefully I can get everything graded in the 24 hours after the exam.

Ok.  I have a big day tomorrow, so it's time for sleep.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment