12.05.2012

Day 561

I started my class today with a short story.  I said "you know how I knew today was going to be awesome?  After I made my coffee I looked at the pot and noticed that it seemed awfully clear.... it was at this point I realized that I hadn't actually put coffee in the filter."  Ah yes, it was a wonderful day!

Class went well.  My students have been working on a group project and today they did their presentation.  Most of them were pretty good.  Three of the groups brought food!  It was good.

When I got back to my office I began the never-ending process of grading. I guess I didn't really begin, since I have yet to ever finish... but you know what I mean.  I graded.  It was buckets of fun.

It wasn't.

After my office hours I went up to the computer lab to work on some stuff.  One of my classmates wanted to check some answers on the homework, so as we were comparing answers I noticed that I'd done two of the questions wrong.  This was 20 minutes before class, so I had to hurry to get it all done. I think it's right... close enough, anyhow.  During class Dr. Imon went over some things for the test on Thursday.  It'll be fun.

It won't be.

I was pretty excited to come home.  Last night Kimmy and I had put together a dish that was supposed to cook in the crock pot for a few hours.  Before I went to school I'd plugged it in and everything.  It was going to be awesome! So when I got back the house smelled really good.  We waited a little bit to eat since neither of us were hungry when I got back, so I got some work done.

Then it was dinner time.  Oh man, I was excited.  We'd cooked some turkey in a mixture of pineapples, orange marmalade, teriyaki sauce, and some other stuff.  And then..... 

It tasted like pot roast.  Bleh.  It was so disappointing.  I will never understand how you can cook meat in liquid all day and have it turn out to be so very dry.  Yuck.  Kimmy and I were pretty bummed that it didn't turn out.  And we were both still really hungry so we went to get some food real quick.  I'm not very good at coming up with quick meals... so starting another meal was pretty well out of the question at 7pm.

When we returned from getting food I did more grading for a while.  I also started preparing for my exam on Thursday, writing formulas and such.  I'm getting pretty good at using the formula editor in Word, but I've noticed that when there are a lot of formulas on one page it gets pretty slow.  Just in case you were wondering.

Ok.  I'm tired, so off to bed I go.  Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment