12.19.2012

Day 575

Today was yet another exciting day full of: studying, housework, more studying, eating, and more studying!

I've been letting my body wake itself up in the mornings.  It's been amazing to wake up and not be tired.  For those of you who have forgotten how this feels: it's amazing.  It's this fantastic feeling of "ah yes, this is how things are supposed to be."  Like after you've had a cold and have been congested... for a while you start to forget what it's like to breathe normally.  But eventually you manage to get over your cold and breathe like a normal human being.  You get this amazing sense of "yes...yes... I have been missing something, but now I am complete!"  Anyhow, getting enough sleep at night is wonderful.

I've had eggs almost every morning recently.  Oatmeal just hasn't sounded especially tasty and eggs have.  And I have no regrets.  I've stopped trying to be fancy with my eggs for the time being... mornings just aren't meant to be frustrated.  Mornings are meant for surviving until you finish the coffee.

After breakfast I started my studying!  It went ok, I suppose.  Over break, my goal is to read through and work all of the problems from one lesson a day.  But I think that (especially on the earlier lessons on which I feel confident) I'm going to try to get through one and a half or two lessons a day.  Getting ahead will allow me to A-take some days off and B-have more review time at the end. I'm finding that there are plenty of study problems... sometimes to the level of absurdity.  This would be fantastic if I hadn't just taken a course in this material... but I have.  So some of the beginning problems that are little more than "do you know what formula to use here?" feel a little trivial.  I'll do a few for practice, but I don't want to get bogged down doing every repetitive problem when I could be spending my time better and getting more done.

So that's my plan.

Kimmy had to go to work, so I spent the rest of the afternoon studying, doing laundry, eating, and studying.  I also started going through the book and writing in corrections from the errata page that was on the company's website.  There are quite a few (which shouldn't be surprising for such a large document) and about half of them are just spelling/punctuation type errors.  I haven't come across any that affected my work as of yet.

After Kimmy came home, we made a quick trip to the store to finish up some Christmas shopping, then we ate ice cream and watched a movie.

Now it is bed time.  I have more studying to do tomorrow... what fun!  Good night, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I see nothing in here about TF2... :P

    Unless I imagined it all...

    ReplyDelete