12.22.2012

Day 578

Yesterday was an incredibly long day.  Oh my word.

So it started off early... and with lots of me being sleepy.  My interview started at 9, but I had plenty to do beforehand so I got up at 6:30.  I could have gotten away with getting up at 7, but I wanted to be completely certain that I'd have enough time to get everything done.  So I did all the important things, then went to the in-hotel Starbucks for breakfast.

My interview consisted of 3 hour-long interviews and lunch, each with two people.  I'm used to half-hour interviews, so it was a bit of a challenge.  But as the day went on, I thought I got better.  Lunch went especially well, I thought.  We went to an American pub type restaurant and I got a hamburger with egg and bacon on it.  So much awesome.  A couple different people I interview with have advanced math degrees (one had a PhD, another almost had a PhD elected to not finish), so I enjoyed talking with them about their areas of expertise and the transition between academic life and the business world.  During my last interview, the director of a specific actuarial department high-fived me for something... but I don't remember why.  It was still awesome.

We left around 2, I believe.  I had to stop to get some caffeine because I was a little drowsy.  I wanted Kimmy to be able to take a nap because she worked at midnight and needed some sleep before she went to work.

After we got home we made some dinner.  I took a nap while it was baking because I was really tired... like the kind of tired where you feel a bit nauseous.  By this point (around 7) I'd  had two cups of a coffee and a five-hour energy... but it had all worn off.  I was pretty tired.  I'd originally planned on studying last night, but decided that I just needed a break.  I'll study some more tomorrow.

Ok, I think that's about it from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment