12.06.2012

Day 562

Ok, I'm starting to go to bed earlier.  This is a good thing.

This morning I slept in a little bit.  I didn't get up until 7:45!  It was awesome.  After I got ready I went up to campus.  One of my classes met in the computer lab today, so I wanted to get up there early to make sure I got a computer (there are never enough for everybody).  And I got some work done.  After class I worked on some homework with people in my class, then Timbo and I got some lunch.

After class I came home and figured out what all I have to do in the next week.  It's going to be pretty busy... but I should be fine.  Then I did some dishes before we got dinner.  I needed to do something that did not involving thinking.  I was pretty tired so I had some coffee with dinner.  Thankfully I don't have to do that too often... but it's finals week (almost).

So I studied for a while.  We have an open book test tomorrow, but I want to make sure that I have a decent grasp on everything before the test.  I'd prefer to only have to use my notes to look at specific formulas and not be actually learning the material on the test.

While I have everyone's attention, I'd like to point something out that I believe really encompasses how poor the Ball State website is.  Now, normally when a person is looking for information, a simple Google search is of service.  I wanted to see my grades (Ball State uses a system called Gradebook), but I didn't remember the website.  So I Googled "Ball State Gradebook."  Nothing out of the ordinary.  But I will show you the page, from the Ball State website, that was the top result.


There is a link that says "access the BSU Gradebook."  Now... normally you would think that this would take you to the log in page for Gradebook.  Logical, yes?  No.  No, no... that would be silly.  This link actually takes you to a video describing how to log in to Gradebook.

"Rage" only begins to describe my feelings.  And this is the system they have for every important website associated to Ball State.  I have to imagine that it's about 100 times more work to create this video than to just... I don't know... provide a hyperlink or web address?  Some poor employee had to create a video tutorial for this when they could have, instead, simply added one extra line of code.

End of rant.

Ok.  That's it for now.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment