6.27.2011

Day 35

So yesterday morning was fun.  The campers are not allowed to keep their phones with them at night, so I have to collect them every night... joy.  Anyhow, some of the guys wanted woken up before the pipes came at 7, which means that I have to get them up.  Blech.  Oh well.  After everyone was awake and everything, I made my way downstairs and walked to breakfast with the Thistle Sisters (the group of moms who are counselors and make sure all the necessary errands get run).  I don't really know too many people here and I have been adopted as a Thistle Brother, so I walked with them to breakfast around 7:15.  Mom didn't realize that we hadn't left yet so she was already there.  Silly mom :)


When I got to breakfast I saw Erin and Kathy (Erin's teacher), so I ate breakfast with them.  I like them.  Eventually Ashley joined us and fun was had by all.  When breakfast was done, I went to go join mom and her people so I could figure out what was going on today.  It appears that I am the little runner-boy for the pipers, getting them copies when needed or doing whatever else I can.  They seem to be pretty self sufficient, so I didn't do too much.


After introducing myself to the Copy King (aka Drew) I went to go fix his copier.  After that I came back to my room and worked on some homework.  Lunch followed shortly thereafter.


When lunch was done I decided that I wanted to go watch the dancers warm up, so mom gave me her camera and I went to go take pictures!  I, apparently, just became the camp photographer.  We'll see how this goes.  I only had the big lens with me, so that made taking some pictures difficult because there are a lot of instances where I'm way up close to people.  Oh well, I got some good pictures.


After that I took a much needed nap.  For over an hour.


When I woke up I headed down to dinner.  I got down there just as Erin was, so we went to dinner together.  It was good.  We talked about living in a small town versus a large city and how we'd grown up in very different areas.  I'm sure we talked about something else to, but it eludes me at the moment.  It's very nice to have someone my own age... and not just people that are mom's age or... like 12.


We had pictures at 7, so after dinner we all made sure that our campers were getting over to the picture taking area.  Pictures actually went pretty quickly, even though there are only 140 people here this year.  In comparison, when I was coming there were usually about 140 dancers and over 300 people total.  Oh well.


When we were done with pictures we headed back to the dorms and had cookies and milk!  We'd been there for about 10 minutes when Pam came up to us (Erin, Kathy, and myself) and informed us that she had accidentally told a group of 14 - 16 year old campers that they could go wandering around campus.  So often Erin and I went to go track them down.  Thankfully they were still on campus and we're hoping no babies were made.  Apparently one of the guys in that group is pretty fond of me (or more accurately, my hat) so I am now "Fedora Man."  I can live with that.


The rest of the evening consisted of just sitting around and chatting.  The rest of the evening, that is, until bed time.  A little before 9:30 I went up to my room to make sure all the little boys were getting to bed.  Then around 10-ish Andy came into my room and we talked for a while.  When it was approaching the 10:30 bed time John and I had to have a talk about why he couldn't take his cell phone to bed with him.  He and I are going to have to have part two of that discussion later.  Oh joy....


Alright.  I think that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment