6.25.2011

Day 33

This morning was way too early.  After I got up I packed for the week.  I couldn't get the motivation to do it earlier.  So after I packed I helped mom get stuff in the car and everything.  We left a little bit after 10, which was our goal.  Then we went over to Mama and Poppy's to say good bye to everyone.


And then we were off.  We had a bit of an adventure in the Tiffin area.  We took a wrong turn and 20 minutes later... we were back in Tiffin!  Whoops.  Oh well.  We got to Oberlin a little after 1, where mom and I are going to be counselors for Ohio Scottish Arts School this week.  It should be interesting.


I made new friends today!  The first person I met was a piper named Nicole.  She helped Mrs. Kilpatrick and me distribute fans and hang up signs and such.  Then I met the fiddle instructor, John.  I helped him bring things in from his car.  He was cool.  His name was on his belt :)  Apparently he's been playing fiddle since he was 4 (actually 2, but he doesn't remember that) and drums since he was 10. He started teaching fiddle at the age of 15.  I learned later that he was asked to teach the first year of camp 25 years ago, but he was busy that week so he suggested one of his students.  And so 25 years later, his students couldn't do it, so John did!  John is also a minister at a.... I don't remember what kind of church.  We talked for a bit while I helped him move stuff and over dinner.  He ate sandwiches in the lobby with Nicole and me.  I like him.  I also met Andrew, who I believe is also an instructor.  Maybe.  I'm not sure.  But he was fun.


Anyhow, I just ran errands most of the afternoon.  After dinner mom and Nicole and I went downtown because mom and I needed to get cash for tomorrow and Nicole needed... something.  I don't actually know what.  Hmm.  Oh well.  When we got back I went to my room and took my economics test.  It went far better than the last one, which I took while I was in Montana.  :/  That was not fun.


Umm.  After that I watched a movie for a while, then helped mom and Mrs. Kilpatrick make coffee and things.  When I was done i talked with Kimmy on the phone for a while.  And now.... my laptop is about to die so it's bed time.  Good night, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment