6.14.2011

The Montana Update: Day 14

Today started a bit early (7am), but it was good.  Amber and Lily and mom were up, so I joined them and had coffee with them.  It was fun.  We had coffee cake for breakfast and then went to Mammoth for church.  I really like that church/pastor.  They sang hymns and the pastor was all fiery and things. It was very traditional, and I was a big fan.

After church we got lunch, which Kimmy, Jesse and I had made earlier that morning.  We had sammiches!  It was yumminess.  Also, I got a sweet hat!!  After lunch we went to the Hoodoos and climbed around for a while on rocks.  It was way fun and many pictures were taken.  When we finished our climbing business we went to a town called Norris (but not the residence of Chuck, sadly) and walked around a geyser basin, again talking lots of pictures.  And we ran out of water, which was silly.


Kimmy being all photo-graff-er




When we got back Jessie and Amber made sloppy joes for dinner while Kimmy and I went the store get things for Amber’s surprise cookie cake!  It’s not a surprise at this point, don’t worry.  We decided that Amber needed a cookie cake because that was always our running joke when we were growing up that if Amber did anything significant, we would get here a cookie cake.  So when she graduated from college, we got her one.  And now since we’re celebrating… basically all of our accomplishments… Kimmy and I decided that she should get another cake!  And because Amber made Jessie and me signs for graduating and she didn’t have anything.  So we fixed that!

After dinner we sat around and played Taboo (which was unfair because Amber and Jessie were on a team together, clearly).  One of my words was Saigon… which apparently is some place in Vietnam or something.  That was less than fun, but somehow Jesse got it.  Then we Frisbee-ed.  Uncle Mike and Jesse and I are really good (bad) at it.  But it was fun and things.  After that we played Phase 10 for a bit.  And then when we were nice and tired, Kimmy and I made Amber’s cake.  And then it was bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment