6.22.2011

Day 30

6/21/2011


This morning I started by getting some breakfast (my standard bagel) and finishing my happy birthday drawing for my other friend.  Originally I had planned on getting up a little early so that I could work out before Aunt Lynn came to get me... but that didn't happen.  Clearly.


When Aunt Lynn came we went back to the grandparents' and packed some stuff up.  For the most part we had Poppy help us determine which things he wanted to keep and what to do with the rest of it.  I learned about some of his awesome tools... like his hanging dremel.  It was pretty neat.  If I was into that sort of thing I'd probably be imagining how useful that would be.  Alas, I'm not really a building-things type of person.  Oh well.


After we were done Aunt Lynn brought me home and I got lunch (peanut butter and jelly) and folded clothing.  When I was done with that I cut the grass, made the bed downstairs, and finally got around to working out.  Since it was my first day back, I only did two exercises for each muscle group (biceps and triceps today).  Meh, it was the first day.  I need to work back up to it.  Thankfully I really didn't fall back too much.  I've been working up to curling three sets of 50 lbs and finally did it.  I was pretty happy.  It's been kinda tricky because I can't make 45 lbs dumbbells, so I had to jump from 40 to 50 lbs.  But I finally did it!  Woo.


After that, I took another shower and did some more laundry.  Then I made dinner!  Since it was just me I decided I'd try something different.  So I wanted to make a Monte Cristo Sandwich.  It's basically a grilled sandwich with ham, turkey, and swiss cheese in between two pieces of french toast.  Obviously honey ham is way better than regular ham, so I made that first.  And it turned out really well for my first attempt.
Honey Ham!

Unfortunately, the actually sandwich did not turn out as well as the ham did.  I kind of forgot that bread loves to fall apart... so that went well.  Please notice that I did not include a picture of the finished product.  But it was tasty!

Dad had a soccer party to go to, so after dinner I probably played TF2.   We'll just assume that.  When he got back we went back to the grandfolks to get the first cabinet.  It was... an adventure.  But we managed to get it into the basement.

My cousin Geoff was supposed to come tonight.  But he got held up at the Chicago airport... so he should be coming in tomorrow morning.  So we shall see.

Aside from that... I was on fire tonight while I played TF2.  It was great.  But all good things had to come to an end, and it is now bed time.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment