6.14.2011

The Montana Update: Day 19

Jessie and Richard had to leave today.  Boo!  So they got ready and left around 9:30.  After being all lazy and things for a while Jesse, Amber, Kimmy, Lily and I got ready to go back to Old Faithful.  Mom was getting over a cold, so she decided not to go.  We stopped by Subway on our way out of town and encountered some really neat people.  The guy who worked the cash register made a point to show me my receipt and where the price was… because clearly I had no idea how a receipt worked or anything.   I learned on that trip that apparently using my computer in a moving car makes me feel nauseas.  So that was less than fun.  I was trying to do some economics homework, but I decided that feeling sick was not worth it.  So I stopped.  Lily was all acting up, so Amber went in the back to make her feel better and I drove.  When we got to Old Faithful we walked around some of the paths that go around the geyser.  That was lots of fun.  We found a bridge and played Pooh Sticks on it.  I would have won if Kimmy hadn’t cheated!  She threw her stick down instead of dropping it… so clearly I won because I followed the rules.
After wandering and things, Jesse and Amber talked with a painter at the Old Faithful Lodge about buying artwork for Jesse’s dad.  Apparently the artist had been a firefighter for about 20 years, so he had a lot of firefighter related artwork.  Jesse’s dad used to also be a firefighter, so clearly that was all good and things.  They ended up buying him a sweet painting and things.  Well, not “and things,” just a painting.

On the way back we got to see a really good view of some thing of which I forget the name.  It was really cool though!

After returning, I finished my economics homework and a friend of Aunt Shasta’s came to join us for dinner.  Her name was… something.  I’m bad at this game.  Shoot.  Anyhow, she was really nice.  We had stir fry for dinner and it was lots of tasty.  And then after dinner we played Farkle… and mom won!  We were all proud of her.  They kept asking me to find the probability of certain things happening… but apparently I’ve been out of school for too long.  Whoops!

Umm… after Farkle Jesse and Kimmy and I cleaned up the kitchen and played some more Ominoes!  And now it is bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment