6.17.2011

Day 25

-dary.  It was brought to my attention that I had not finished my pre-trip statement that the trip was going to be "legen- (wait for it)."  So now the statement is finished, and the trip is now officially legendary.  I think that I should also let it be known that this is very much a "first draft" type of blog.  I don't sit down and think about what I want to say before I publish it.  I just write and hope it makes a little bit of sense.


Some people have asked me about the nature of the title "I'm wearing a shirt."  Allow me to explain.  When I am on break, I don't usually go anywhere or do anything.  I stay at home a lot.  On most days I get almost completely dressed... but I have trouble putting a shirt on.  I have no issue putting an undershirt on, but putting on a t-shirt just seems pointless when I'm not going anywhere.  So it's always a significant event when I put a shirt on because that means that I'm actually doing something with that day.  So this blog is my metaphorical shirt: updating it makes me feel like I'm doing something with my day.  Hence the title.


Anyhow, back to the actual blogging.  Yesterday started.  I got up a little later than normal, around 9.  After I got up I decided that I really was in no mood to be productive, so I played Crysis for a while.  Just as I was about to start doing homework, I realized that I needed to update my blog.  So.... I ended up not doing homework then.  Oh well.  After that I took a shower.  Then I got Kimmy woke up and we got lunch and watched Big Bang Theory.  When we were done with lunch, Kimmy took a nap because she's not been feeling well.  I went to the grandparents' to help them pack some more.  When I got back, I did some homework.


When mom got home from work, we started making dinner, which was chicken and yellow rice.  Then after dinner Kimmy and I went to go play Settlers of Catan with Becky, Miles, and James.  Becky won and it was her first time playing!  I blame James for constantly stealing from me.  Jerk.  And then we came home and I helped Kimmy pack.  She has to leave today :(  I am sad for this.  We tried to convince her to stay, but she kept saying that she had to go home and things.  Which was clearly silliness... silly Kimmy.  But that is all.  The end.

1 comment:

  1. what Kimmy needs to realize is that we all love her and that she already IS home. but I guess I can understand wanting to go back to a hometown.

    ReplyDelete