6.18.2011

Day 26

Yesterday morning I got up around 8 for my haircut.  Last summer I tried Swanson's barber shop and liked it, so I went there again.  It's not as good as the barber shop in Mount Vernon, but it's pretty good.  The main issue is that I know nothing of sports, and that's what the barber mainly discusses.  So...win.  Anyhow, after I was done I went to Great Scot to get Kimmy some flowers.  She had to leave yesterday and I was hoping that maybe flowers would make her a little less sad.  I found these sweet daisies that had sparkles all over them... so clearly I got those.  They worked, by the by.


When I got back Kimmy and I went to Wal-mart to exchange the phone we got for her.  I don't remember whether I already mentioned this, but she left her phone in our hotel in Sioux Falls on Monday.  So on Thursday we went to get her a tracfone for her trip back home, but the one we got apparently did not have service in Springfield so we had to get a new one.  We were in line to get it when mom sent me a text saying that Kimmy's phone had just arrived in the mail (the lady at the hotel mailed it here).  So that was fortunate.


We got lunch when we got back and I helped Kimmy pack some.  And by that I mean I took a nap.  I was tired.... we were up pretty late last night packing.  After my nap I went to go help grandparents move some more stuff.  I picked Poppy up from their house because Mama was already at the apartment.  On the way over Poppy was telling me about some of his career and college decisions.  It was really interesting.  He started college because he didn't like the job he had and all of this friends were going to college, which makes sense.  Then he started by going into Abnormal Psychology because his mom suffered from depression, and he wanted to figure out how to help her.  But then he realized that he really didn't like it and went into Fine Arts.  It was all really interesting.


When we got to the apartment, we ate some food that we had gotten along the way.  After about 10 minutes the furniture people showed up with Poppy's surprise Father's Day chair!  Woo!  He wasn't expecting it at all.  When we had gotten that all settled, Poppy and I moved some more boxes into the apartment.  When we had finished, we went back to their house... after stopping by Walgreens to get some cards, of course.  Then we played Canasta.  I beat him pretty soundly... I just kept getting amazing cards!  I felt bad, but obviously not bad enough to make me do anything different :)


When I came home dad and I heated up some left over chicken and rice for dinner.  We finished eating and went to the soccer field to move some of the goals.  And dad locked me out of the car when it was raining!  So obviously when he ran out of the car to check something I did the same to him :)  When we got back... I think I played Assassin's Creed and Team Fortress 2 for the rest of the night.  I talked with mom and dad when mom got back from work.  And I played Minecraft with Kimmy! I was going to take a picture of my house... by forgot.  Tonight, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment