6.16.2011

Day 24

I'm really bad at remembering to blog at night, so I seem to have begun blogging about the previous day.  Hm. Maybe I can fix that...


Yesterday started with being lazy for a while, doing some nothing, and then catching up on some homework.  After a significant amount of lazy (along with a little bit of TF2) I got Kimmy up for lunch.  After lunch we measured the front and side of the house for my current project: recreating our house in Minecraft.  It has been going well so far, but slow.  Very slow.  Blarg.  I'll be sure to post pictures of the progress if I remember.


Then we went to the grandparents' to help them begin moving into their new place!  We loaded up the van and their car and took some things into their garage and their apartment at one of the local retirement villages.  Their new place is very nice and the people there are very friendly.  They have a theater where they show movies twice a week, but you can go in any time and watch your own movies.  There was a group of residents playing Wii Bowling.  It was fun to watch.  They were having a good time and were actually pretty good at it.


After moving and things, we came back home and started making dinner.  I believe it was Chicken with Something and Penne.  Mom had to stay a little bit later to work, so she got back about the time we were done.  Dad had soccer practice, so we just sat around and talked with mom.  Then Kimmy and I played some Minecraft and we showed mom our creations.  She liked it.  I explained the idea of "sandbox games" to mom.  She said that she thinks she'd like that kind of game :)


Later that night Kimmy and I went to go so X-men: First Class with Becky and Miles.  It was really good.  Like, a lot of really good.  Afterwards we went to Deny's.  The waitress was really nice.  She and Miles had the same taste in and appreciation for grits.  It was funny.  And then Miles and I exchanged bad room mate stories.  It was a good time.  Then we all went home and it was bed time!

No comments:

Post a Comment