3.28.2013

Day 674

Hi there.

Today was a pretty slow day... and I was fine with that.

This morning, I talked with out future landlord about the paperwork and such... just to make sure we had it all filled out properly.  We did!  So that was convenient.

After that, I finished up preparing for my lesson tomorrow.  It took a lot longer than it normally does because I had an idea for a Powerpoint presentation (I never use those) that might make it easier for them to understand.  There are a lot of graphs and it can get really confusing if I'm trying to draw them on the chalk board and be quick about it.  So hopefully all of this time was worth it.

Later in the afternoon, Kimmy and I ran some errands.  Then when we got back, we started getting ready for dinner.  A friend of mine referred me to a recruiter for some part time work, so I talked with the recruiter for a while and watched an informational video.  I knew beforehand that I wasn't going to do it, but I was curious.  As I suspected, it was a direct selling job.  I explained to the recruiter that I've tried my hand at direct sales, and it's just not for me.  And by that I mean "I don't want to lose all of my friends and family because they become my 'business partners.'"  I was first thrown off when he never told me the name of the company or what I would be doing.  In fact, after watching a 30 minute informational video, I was still never told what I would be doing.  They try to sell you on an idea, not a job.  This idea of working hard and becoming independently wealthy without being tied down to some miserable job.  Frankly, I like patterns, being part of a big (legitimate) philosophy, and being instructed to do things.  Life is easier with fewer choices and working hard gives me a sense of purpose.

We made pot pie for dinner.  It was yummy!  I want to say that we did something else... but nothing comes to mind.  So I guess we didn't!

Probably that's all for now.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment