3.19.2013

Day 664

Well, today was another full and eventful day!

I got up early to go work out with Tim H.  Surprisingly, we both still hate it.  Actually, that's not really a surprise at all.  But we continue on.  After I returned, I had to hurry to shower and things.  I had a meeting with my research team at 9 and we didn't get back until nearly 8:15.  So I hurried through everything and made it to campus just after 9.

One of my research members was in class, so the other one and I discussed our new topic and what variables would be relevant.  We then drew up a schedule for what still needs to happen... even though we don't really know.  Thankfully my group is meeting with Dr. Foley so we can further discuss what we need to do.

After arriving on campus, I learned that both of my classes had been canceled... so I was on campus for 5 hours with nothing to do.  So I did some grading, helped one of my students, then went to the library to do some research.

I've never done math research before.  In my head, I figured I would just find scholarly articles that talk about the things we're examining.  As it turns out, our topic (potential gender-income gap) is discussed in news, but not in actual research.  So I have some work ahead of me.  I found one article that was somewhat useful, but I don't think I'll actually be able to use it.

I also taught my lesson.  I thought that it went well... Mr. Frye observed me teach and he also thought it went well.  So... everyone wins!  Then I went to go tutor.  That was reasonably productive.  Both of the kids I tutor have all of their homework on the computer, and during one of the sessions the computer stopped working.  It had a completely full battery and it just turned off and wouldn't come back on.  It was really strange.  Thankfully, the dad is a computer science professor, so he took a look at it and (hopefully) figures out what went wrong.  It was just really bizarre...

When I got home, Kimmy was making dinner!  She borrowed an awesome cook book from one of her co-workers that is all hot dog recipes, so we tried one of those.  The recipe book claims that all of the recipes are "fast and healthy meals," but I sincerely doubt that they're healthy at all.

After dinner we watched a TV show, then I played a game with Jared.  We usually talk while playing games, so I caught up on the various things going on in his life.  I tried to convince him to come to Louisville with Kimmy and me, but I don't think it's going to happen.  Boo.  But I'm not giving up yet!

Ok, I think that's all for now.  Off to bed... good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment