3.08.2013

Day 653

Oh boy, what a day it's been.

Actually, let's back up to last night.  It snowed quite a bit, so I decided I should shovel myself a path to get out of the driveway.  After about 10 minutes, I'd made very little progress and still had a lot left to shovel.  So I decided that instead of shoveling our entire driveway and alleyway, I would just drive around it a few times and make a path.  That worked decently well.

I was actually really excited because I was tired around 10pm last night, so I decided I'd just go to bed.  It was awesome!  Until I woke up at 11:30 and couldn't fall back asleep.  For 2 hours. So I got up, did some more studying, then went back to bed.  I probably got about 4 hours of sleep last night.  Thankfully, my body has this function where, if I get less than 5 hours of sleep, I get a huge adrenaline rush after getting out of bed.  This basically got me through my first three years of college.  Anyhow, I was able to master the precious adrenaline rush, eat, shower, and head out to take my exam!

I got to the testing center around 9, made sure that I knew where I was going, then went to go find some food.  My first attempt was Jimmy John's, but they were closed until 10 :(  Hurumph.  I saw a guy inside, but he held up both hands with all fingers up, indicating that they opened at 10.  So I made a sad face.  And he made a sad face.  And we stared at each other, sad and awkwardly, until I left and went to Subway.  I studied a little bit at Subway, but really I knew I wouldn't make any new progress.

The test went well.  I thought for sure that I was going to fail because after 30 minutes I had only answered 2 of the first 10 questions.  But as I calmed down and answered more questions I was able to go back to the earlier questions and figure them out.  In the end, there was only one question that I just could not figure out.  I knew there were pretty much three parts to it... and I knew the second two parts, but I didn't really know how to start it.  So I tried to work backwards until I got to a point where I was supposed to have an interest rate (which I was supposed to have done in the first part of the problem).  So I thought "well, they usually use an interest rate between 2% and 15%, so I'll just start putting numbers in to see if anything lines up with the solutions."  Using this approach, I narrowed it down to 2 different solutions.  From there I just guessed.

But it all worked out!  I received my "unofficial pass," which means that there is an (approximately) 0.00238% chance that the test was incorrectly marked.  So for all intents and purposes, I passed!

When I got home, I didn't do anything productive.  It was great.  Kimmy and I got some Chinese for dinner, watched a TV show, then played some video games.  It was an awesome post-exam day.

My body is having a bit of a rough time coming down from the exam-stress.  It will come, but sometimes it takes me a while.  Hopefully I get there soon!  I need to be enjoying this amazing no-studying time!

That's it for now.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment