2.01.2013

Day 620

Oh hey, happy February, everyone!

Today was a study day.  Kimmy had to work most of the day, so I spent most of it studying.  I got started during breakfast with some MFE, then I studied for my quiz tomorrow.  It shouldn't be too bad.

After lunch I went up to campus to do some homework with Tim B. for our finance class.  It was really cold outside.  I decided to drive, partially to see whether it would save me any time, partially because it was really cold outside.  It took about 10 minutes to get from our house to my building and normally it takes about 20 minutes to walk.  So I'll probably still walk when it's nice out, but it was painfully cold out today.

When we were done with homework, I went to talk with someone about tutoring.  A professor emailed the math department about getting tutoring for his kids, so he and I have been emailing back and forth.  I'm going to start tutoring a few hours a week, starting tomorrow.  It shouldn't be too bad.  It will be nice to make a little extra money on the side.

When I got back, Kimmy and I made some dinner, then I went back to studying.  I started going through chapters that cover material I've been missing on the practice tests.  So I've been re-reading the chapters and trying to make more sense of things.  It all makes a lot more sense the second time through.  That's one of the most unfortunate parts about studying this material.... it usually makes little sense the first time, but I don't have time to read the entire book twice.  Well, I do have time but it wouldn't be the best use of my time.  It would be far better to keep working problems.  At this point I have to find an optimal balance between how much time I spend reading and working problems.

Around 9 my brain was done.  So I finished the evening with some budgeting and sending of emails.  And now I'm off to bed.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment