2.20.2013

Day 638

And here we are again, back into the week!

This morning was pretty normal.  I did some studying, then went up to campus to do homework with Tim B.  We were successful.  

Then I came home, got some lunch, and attempted to fix our toilet.  It got randomly clogged a few days ago, and now amount of plunging, water pouring, or angry staring has fixed it yet.  I finally emailed the landlord to have someone come fix it.

Later on in the afternoon I went to go tutor.  The daughter didn't have any homework, so we worked through some of the areas of arithmetic that have been giving her trouble, along with some simple mental math exercises.  It's been a while since I've tutored someone who wasn't in college, so I have to use a lot of tactics and styles of explanation that I haven't used in a while.

When I got back, Kimmy had made a really tasty chili-macaroni dish.  Then.... it was back to studying.  I've been consistently getting around 80% of the questions correct, which is comforting.  There just always seem to be a few questions that completely throw me off.  For some of them, I could probably figure them out if I had enough time to start from scratch.  But there simply isn't enough time on the actual exam to work stuff from scratch.  One of the issues with having such a tight time constraint is that it reinforces a bad habit I already have: not checking my work.  I have to practice doing things right on the first try because there isn't enough time to check every question.  I'm not missing nearly as many questions due to misreading or calculator errors, but I still want to get a higher percentage correct.  I know that on test day, I'm going to be nervous and make stupid mistakes because of that.

Well, I'd say it's time for bed.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment