2.20.2013

Day 639

I have successfully completed another day.

Today's adventure began with waking up late and being technically late for a meeting.  In reality, I still arrived before the person running the meeting, so I was on time.

After my meeting, I planned my lesson for the day, then did some studying in my office.  I also talked with my office mate for a while.  He's from Bangladesh and told me about some of the big transitional issues he's had coming to the US for school and some of his fears with being here, especially with regards to getting a job. It's tough.  He's most likely one of the smartest and hardest working students I've encountered at Ball State, but a lot of companies simply do not want to hire international students because there are some things that take extra time and money.

I had my classes, then I taught.  I thought my lesson went really well today.  I used one base example and went through all of the different things we talked about during the chapter.  Hopefully it helped tie in some of the different ideas that we discussed.

When I got home, I studied for a little bit, but I just didn't have a lot left in me today.  So we made some dinner and I studied a little bit more.  After dinner I studied for a while longer, but my brain was just pretty worn out from the day.  I worked on my computer for a while, then ate cookies.  It was a pretty good evening.

And now I'm trying this thing where I go to bed early.  We'll see how it goes.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment