2.13.2013

Day 631

I don't really have anything interesting to talk about today, but here's something anyhow.

It was a pretty normal day.  I spent a good 5 hour studying.  About 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, then another hour after dinner.  I did a little prep-work for teaching, but not really that much.  Usually I do that the morning of class.

I'm feeling better about my studying.  I worked through about 50 problems today and got about 80% of them correct.  There are still a few concepts that I need to take from the "Oh, that's an interesting idea...I wonder how it works?" stage to the "ah, I've done this 100 times before!" stage.  It's a critical part of taking these exams (as well as doing everything near-lighting fast with near perfect precision).  I mean, if I could just know everything and work every problem perfectly and instantly, this would be easy!

I also went to go tutor today.  It's getting better as I figure out how each of the kids learn and what the best way to instruct them is.

Also, I made a pretty fantastic dinner.  Kimmy was gone, so I decided to have a classic Joel dinner (which usually involves throwing various foods into a skillet and seeing how it turns out).  Today's mix was: goetta (a gift from Tim B.), dill pickles, rice, and worcestershire sauce. All topped with sour cream.  It was absolutely delightful and glorious and my stomach despises me now.  Totally worth it.

Ok.  That's all from here.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment