2.26.2013

Day 643

Today was pretty eventful.  For me, anyhow.  Things aren't usually very exciting, but I take whatever I can get.

This morning was great.  I went to shower and saw that one of the cats had left me a nice little hairball to clean up.  Oh joy, just how I wanted my day to start.  After that short bit of excitement, I went up to campus to get some work done.  I studied in my office for a while, then talked with some other math Graduate Assistants.  Really I just wanted to put of studying.

So I had class, then I went to go teach.  I asked my students how many plan on coming to class on Friday (since it's the day before spring break) and I was surprised to see about 7 people say they plan on showing up.  I was expecting maybe 2.  Maybe.  But we'll see what *actually* happens.

I was home for a few minutes before I had to leave again to go tutor.  That went well.  Uneventful, but it went well.  I'm still having a hard time getting a few concepts across, but that's mainly due to a) one of the kids comes to tutoring directly from sports practice, so he's very mentally and physically tired, and b) both of the kids are under the age of 16 and their brains just haven't finished developing.  I'm used to teaching college students whose relevant parts of the brain have (generally) fully developed.  Not so with these two.  So it's been a challenge.

When I got home, Kimmy and I had dinner, then I studied for a while.  I was having trouble staying focused and being productive, so I decided to go finish writing the test.  It was still relatively early, so I didn't want to give up being productive yet.  But when I finished with the test I decided to call it a night.

And now.... it is formally the end.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment