2.10.2013

Day 629

Oh wow.  Just... wow.

I decided to take a practice exam this afternoon after church.  Since I take my exam in 3.5 weeks, I figured I needed to start working on my time and seeing how fast I can get through these.  My exam is structured to be 30 questions in 3 hours.  So I sat down with a practice exam and got to it.  After 2 hours I'd attempted about 20 questions (4 of which I couldn't get a solution that matched any of the multiple choice selections).  And my brain was in serious agony.  Oh my word, I thought something had exploded.  I've had my brain feel tired... sometimes very sore... but it was incredibly painful.  I decided that I would not finish my remaining hour because I wasn't going to benefit from it. Instead I took a nice long break to let me brain recover from the torture I'd just put it through.

Kimmy made us some very tasty dinner, then I continued my break.  I made an attempt to do some grading (and at least be a little productive while not studying), but I just couldn't focus.  So I stopped.

After my brain had recovered (mostly), I decided to do some more problems.  This time, I started working through a selection of sample problems that was created by the same organization that writes the exams.  These are different from the exercises/practice exams in my study manual.  It turns out that the sample problems are significantly easier than the practice exam I tried earlier today.  That was comforting.

I think my next plan of attack is going to be working up to a 3-hour test.  I'll start at 1.5 hours (maybe 2 hours), and just work up from there.  We'll see how it goes.  I know I still have over three weeks... but it will go by way too quickly.  Yikes.

Ok.  Time to get some rest.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment