2.18.2013

Day 636

Well, it looks like we're back to the regularly scheduled week!

This morning at church, Pastor Mark talked some more about how we prioritize our lives and how this is very telling about what things we find most important.  And this is something I've been thinking about a lot recently.  I have very conflicting thoughts on this issue in my own life.  I have a lot of things going on in my life.  Mostly related to school, teaching, and studying, but then there are also the regular daily activities like cooking and cleaning.  And that pretty much eats up all of my time right there.  I don't feel like I'm just creating things to put in my free time... but no one feels like that.  Everyone's busy, but somehow time can be made?  I'm sure that once I'm out of school I'll see things differently, but right now I just do not see extra time existing anywhere.  It's not the sort of thing that I let bother me... but I always wonder what fills people's time up when they're not working.  Most people like to stay busy (or have to stay busy to pay the bills) in some sense to maintain some sense of worth and identity.  I certainly do.  But maybe in a few months (or years, after all my exams are done) I'll be able to actually choose how I fill my non-work time.  Huh... that sounds pretty great.

After church I went to lunch with Jessie and Richard, then came home to start studying.  Kimmy had to work all afternoon, so... yeah I just studied.  I timed myself in one hour increments (mainly because I had other chores that I needed to get done this afternoon) and was pleased with my results.  I also worked through another practice exam and did decently well.  The test I'm taking is made of up easy, medium, and hard questions and the practice exams are structured similarly.  Except that as I progress in the practice exams, there are more medium and hard questions, less easy questions.  Which is good, but frustrating when everything is just so difficult.

I made some meatloaf for dinner.  It was ok.  I'm not very good at shaping meatloaf, so it just turns into a blob of meat.  So that's pretty.  After dinner I finished up my studying, then relaxed for a little bit.

And now I'm going to bed.  Good night, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment