2.05.2013

Day 624

This was a pretty full and exhausting day.  I woke up around 7:30.  Then I had a really nice blink and it was 8:30.  At that point I decided I really needed to get up.  I knew it was going to be a very full day, so I wanted to get some studying in before I went to class and everything.

I did end up getting some studying done.  I really hope that more things start to stick in the next week.  There's just so much material.  On the four tests I've done (total of 120 problems), there are only about 2 or 3 that I didn't know how to do... it's just a matter of remembering how to do them, which model to use, and what the trick to solving the problem is (because they can never be straight forward).

After some studying,  I got ready for school, then went up for my office hours.  And studied some more.  I certainly get more done in the morning... but the morning goes away so quickly!  There needs to be more morning.  And afternoon.  And evening.  And night.  Actually, I just need to not need sleep.  That would be a dream right now.  If there was a pun in that last sentence, it was not intended.

So then there was some class and some teaching.  Today was even more evidence that my students really do not listen to anything I say.  It was funny, but unfortunate for them. I think I told them at least 4 times that there is a test on Wednesday (this is the third class period I've mentioned this), the study guide is on Blackboard, and the take home portion is also on Blackboard.  I should make them recite everything back to me.

After teaching I made a quick stop at home to start cooking the meat for dinner, then went to go tutor.  Tutoring was ok.  We're making progress, but it's going to take a few more sessions to really figure out how to best teach both of them.

When I got home, Kimmy had made some amazing chili!  We've both recently become big fans of Cincinnati chili, so we decided to try to make some from scratch.  And we did!  More accurately, Kimmy did!  And it was super tasty.

After dinner I did some more studying.  This round was less productive than I would have liked... but my brain was just so tired from everything that I had a hard time figuring the problems out.  So eventually I just called it a night.  I also talked with mom and dad on the phone.  Mom's having hip replacement surgery tomorrow.  No more hip pain for her!  Yay!

Ok.  I'm going to try to get an early start tomorrow... and hopefully no hour-long blinks.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment