1.18.2013

Day 608

It's late.  This much is clear.

Today was a standard "get stuff done" day.  During the morning I got lots of studying done.  I wanted to get a little more done, but I had some other work that needed to happen.

So here's a fun little thing I learned yesterday.  One of my classes requires that we use a specific software.  Thankfully I have a student license because normally this costs $8,000.  This program is used for analyzing data and doing cool statistics with it.  So the act of automatically reading data in is pretty important.  However, the easy way doesn't work on my computer.  Why?  Because I have the 64-bit version of Windows... which about half of Windows computers have.  So a large portion of the user base can't use this basic functionality... and I had to spend about an hour looking for fixes and guides to get it working.  This just seemed silly that such an expensive piece of software would have this fundamental problem.  AND!  And it had the same issue on the previous version of the software.  So they've been aware of this issue for some time, yet have not fixed it.  Nonsense, I say!

Anyhow, I finally got that working. I spent the afternoon getting some work done for my class tomorrow.  They have a test coming up, so I had to do some preparation for tomorrow's review.

Kimmy and I made this really tasty taco casserole type thing for dinner.  Oh, it was so great.  Then I had to go to my evening class... it was not nearly as great.  The first couple of weeks is basic accounting.  It's pretty dull.  But hopefully we'll get into some more fun/exciting things soon.

Well.  I think that's about it from me.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment