1.06.2013

Day 595

I tell you what: yesterday was a super productive day.  How productive, you ask?  Super.

As with the majority of people (I assume), my day really starts about halfway through my cup of coffee.  I'm sure something happened before that, but as far as I'm concerned it never happened.

Once my day really started, I got to work on planning my semester, creating a syllabus, and figuring out how I'm going to teach all of my lessons.  It's going to be a bit of a challenge for me because in the past I've taught this class on Tuesday/Thursday and the book works really well for this structure.  But this semester I'm teaching the class Monday/Wednesday/Friday and it just seems like there will be too much time.  So I have a general idea of what to do, but I really hope that I can fill all of the class periods with some sort of lesson.

Then we had a lot of excitement as we attempted to wrestle our tree into submission.  That was rough.  We took some plastic tarp and wrapped it around the tree, but it was a mess because the tree has been dead for so long. Branches were breaking, needles were going everywhere, and I just wanted to eat some ice cream.  It was the worst.

I felt like I was doing a crime scene investigation where everything gets wrapped in plastic.

After we wrapped the tree up and dropped it off at the recycling place, we went grocery shopping.  It seems that everyone in Muncie goes to Aldi at 2:30 on Saturdays.  It was super busy.  But we eventually made it out, went to Wal-mart, then made it home.  After getting home we spent the next hour or so cleaning up pine needles out of the carpet.  Given the option of doing that again and never ever doing that again... I'd go with the latter.  It wasn't all that fantastic.

We met Lee (one of the people from my internship) for dinner at Scotty's.  I had fun.  He caught me up to date on all of the things going on at Central, Kimmy and I gave him a run down of married life, our New York trip, and such things.  He and I did the obligatory griping about actuarial exams (it's the common bond and general conversation topic between most actuaries who are still taking exams).  We had a good time.

When Kimmy and I got home, we finished the day with some good old nothing to celebrate possibly the most productive day we've had over break.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment