1.04.2013

Day 593

I learned an exciting an valuable lesson yesterday.  I had a meeting with my faculty mentor yesterday morning about the class I'm teaching.  Neither of us really knew what we were supposed to talk about, but we knew that the head of the department likes for all of the GAs to meet with their mentors before the semester starts.  So we did.  Anyhow, my lesson.  At Ball State, there are many different types of parking lots, each with their own parking pass.  So I learned that over Thanksgiving break, it doesn't matter where or when you park.  But over Christmas break, it certainly does matter... and you will get a parking ticket for parking in the wrong place.

Yay.  So I'm planning on going to talk with the campus police staff to see if I can get it reduced or turned into a warning, since I honestly didn't know.  I'm not expecting anything out of this, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

After I got home, the rest of the day was a solid mix of the usual: eating, chores, and video games.  I had another "adult moment" yesterday when Kimmy and I got really excited because of how well our new dish soap works.  We didn't have to do an additional rinse cycle to get all of the soap residue off!  It was awesome.

I took Kimmy to work because she wasn't feeling 100% yet.  She's doing better now that can actually get a decent amount of sleep.  I think that getting on her feet and moving a little bit at work has helped her as well.  And plenty of medicine.

After Kimmy got off of work we stayed up for a while talking about everything.  It was fun.  I came up with the most amazing idea for a hamburger ever.  Take a cheese wheel, cut it in half, put a hamburger inside.  Done.  It's like a reverse cheeseburger.  Kimmy expanded the idea by saying we could hollow out the inside, funnel in some ground meat, then bake it for a little bit.  I think both ideas sound amazing.

Ok, that's it for now.  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment