5.31.2011

Day 8

Today had an eventful beginning.  I woke up to the sound of my phone going off.  Dad was calling me.  He had been riding his bike and got a flat tire, so he called to see if I could come pick him up.  That was around 8.  That's never the first thing I particularly feel like doing when I wake up, but it needed to be done.


When I got back I had a bagel for breakfast while I wrote yesterday's blog entry.  After the update, I worked out.  Biceps and triceps today.  I go a lot slower when I'm on my own.  I think that I lose track of how long I take between sets.


When I was done working out, I went outside to finish the mailbox.  Which I did!  It is all done!  The snow plow will no longer be victorious over our mailbox.


Hm.  After that I had lunch.  I had some of last nights rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, and potato salad.  It was tasty.  And then after lunch I took a nice, hour long nap.


I don't remember what I did after that.  I think I read.  Around 4:30 we left to go to the grandparents for dinner: hamburgers and various side dishes.  I cooked the hamburgers on their George Foreman (or George Orwell as Mama likes to call it).  It worked really well.  I was quite pleased.  And then we had ice cream for desert!


After dinner Kimmy and I went to go hang out with Miles and Becky.  It was fun. Miles just got back from bicycle school, so now he is certified to help his dad in the bicycle shop.  Then we discussed the relevancy of different geometry (specifically spherical and hyperbolic)... while Kimmy and Becky talked about making dresses.  It was a unanimous victory. When it got dark we went inside and played Mario.  Eventually James and his friend Matt came around and we played more Mario while Kimmy and Becky went to get popsicles and cookies.  And... I can't remember any other relevant events, aside from James and Miles wanting to hang out soon.


Alright.  It's late and I have a big day ahead of me.


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment