5.25.2011

Day 3

What a day.  Let's start with the beginning.  Last night I was determined not to be all silliness and go to bed early/wake up early, so I stayed up until about 1am playing TF2.  I felt like such a rebel.  It's amazing how a week ago 1am was normal, yet now I'm so exhausted at 11.  Woo.  Anyhow, I woke up around 8:15, ate breakfast, and began my workout.  Today was shoulders and back.  It all went really well until the end.  I was doing "side lateral raises" and my shoulder started to hurt.  Not in the "oh yay my muscles are getting stretched" kind of way.  It was more of the "STAB YOU WITH KNIVES AND BITE INTO YOUR BONES" kind of pain.  Yeah... not really how I define fun.  I'm probably not going to be doing that one again.

These are the weights that I use.  I mentioned them yesterday.
Today I discovered that their maximum weight is 70 lbs.
Let's see.  After working out I did some more weeding outside.  I was really surprised by how quickly the bed out back went.  None of the weeds had very deep roots.  I'm guessing that has something to do with the fact that that bed sits in the sun literally all day and rarely gets water.  Not surprisingly, few actual (read: pretty) plants grow there.  I finished weeding more quickly than I had anticipated, so I celebrated by browsing Reddit instead of being productive.  Then I showered, ate lunch with Kimmy, and watched the rest of Disc 1, Season 1 of Big Bang Theory.

My sandwich from lunch.  It was so good.
Honey roasted turkey, provolone cheese, lettuce,
spicy honey mustard, mayonnaise, and some dried
tomato/garlic pesto.  The mustard was a little over-
powering, so I won't be adding as much tomorrow.

After lunch I cleaned my room.  The word clean is actually a derivative of the Greek word klaen, which translates roughly into English as "to play video games."  So I cleaned very thoroughly for a while this afternoon.

So then- the plot thickens!  After cleaning, Kimmy and I were just starting to make dinner when the weather alarm radio went off and said "BEEP BEEP BEEP TORNADO!! TAKE COVER OR DIE!"  So after putting the chicken in water to defrost, we fled to the basement in case the big bad wolf tried to blow our house away.  Thankfully, Mr. BBW was unsuccessful in his attempts to blow our house away.  After a bit mom came home and sought shelter with Kimmy and myself in the basement.  There we all texted various people to determine the severity of the storm in different locales... or maybe just because we were bored.  Both were possible and equally like (though neither probability was actually computed).  Thankfully we were not harmed in the storm or it's threats, so we were able to return safely to our dinner.  I got frustrated with my forgetfulness when I earlier neglected to defrost the chicken before 4pm, so I decided to make spaghetti instead.  Even I with my limited cooking ability do not have the capacity to mess up spaghetti.

This is a weather map from this evening.  The red
dot on the left is Findlay.  It was... ugly outside.
Well I guess that's it for today.  I think I'm actually going to do some legit cleaning.  I'd like to get all of my clothes into drawers instead of my duffel bag.  

Thanks for listening.  If there is anything that you think I should add, delete, or reformat leave me a comment.  And can everyone see the background image ok?  Yes?  I moved it because I was having trouble seeing it on my netbook.  Ok the end.

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciated the texts. I think you were just texting me because you knew I would be frightened. So that was a third unmentioned possibility. Either way, we're still here! YAY!

    ReplyDelete