5.24.2011

Day 2

Today started interestingly.  I woke up at 7:30 with no alarm or anything!  It was silliness, for certain.  So instead of taking advantage of the extra time, I just sat around browsing Reddit as I ate breakfast.  I decided to have cinnamon/brown sugar oatmeal... and I added some apple slices.  Such a good choice.  It was so very tasty.  Perhaps I'll start photographing my days as well... hmm.  Thoughts?


Workout today was chest and abs.  The weights I use are individual hand sets with no weights, but I have various weights that can be added.  However, the weights have sand (or something) inside...which makes them kind of wide.  This might not make any sense, but I'll take a picture tomorrow.  Either way, the weights are too thick to make a 45 lb weight... and it took me about 15 minutes to figure this out.  Other than that, it went decently.  I have a hard time finding an ab workout that works really well.  For some reason I just have difficulty getting a good exercise.


After working out, I went outside and did some hedging and weeding.  I hedged the neighbors' bush... hopefully they don't mind.  It was kind of hanging over our yard and was getting all up in my grill.  So I ended that nonsense.  A worm/caterpillar attacked me while I was weeding.  It was all slimy and bright green and nastiness.  So I returned him to the grass from whence he came.


Lunch consisted of hot dogs and potato salad.  So yummy.  Kimmy and I have begun watching Big Bang Theory.  I now understand why people say I remind them of a "more social Sheldon."  I take that as a compliment... Sheldon is pretty awesome.  He talks like a mathematician: each word he uses has very specific meaning, and it only means that thing.


Following lunch Kimmy and I went to visit the grandfolks.  They're moving to a new apartment/condo thing, so we're helping them get all packed and things.  I can see that it's physically and emotionally draining for them to do all of this.  But maybe it's a good thing.  It gives them something constructive to do and it forces them to relive their memories.  So often we save things because it has emotional value, but then never look at those things to elicit the emotions.  Perhaps this act of moving is just the type of closure they need at this point in life... revisiting the past and remembering all the old times. I'm sure that some of those memories would have been forgotten if they had not been rooted up in the moving process.


After we left the grandparents', Kimmy and I went to go have dinner with Becky at Waffle House.  Oh goodness I love that place.  Such pure unadulterated amazingness.  Ah!  Then we went back to Becky's house and made banana ice cream/milkshakes!  It was a magical experience full of tastiness and win.  Except that the doorbell went off and kind of scared me.  It even went off when there was no one at the door.  It was probably the relatives of the bananas we were blending....  ಠ_ಠ
Then we played Mario.  And we were all really bad at it, but it was fun.


After Becky's we went to see grandparents again.  Apparently mom tried to call them and they didn't answer so she got all sorts of concerned.  But they're doing just dandy, so the concern was handled in short time.


I believe that is all for today.


Peace.

1 comment: